Typesetting for College and University Presses
Formatting text is my specialty and I’m very good at it. A particularly interesting project for a college press was one volume with more than 2600 pages. The project manager had this to say to me:
“Our copy editor and I have looked through the PDF and came away very impressed with your work. You have done a very good job of laying out the text as economically as possible, given the complexity of the material.”
Please contact me to discuss your book design project needs.
Irresistible Book Design for Self-Publishers
You’ve spent countless hours perfecting your manuscript. Let the rest of the book publishing process be easy, and know that I won’t take a cut of your book sales. You keep all the profits, you retain the rights to your book, and you are the publisher.
I’m Jennifer Omner, owner of ALL Publications and an award-winning book designer, helping writers become published authors. After your book has been professionally edited, I offer the following services.
- Interior book design: making the pages of your book look pleasing to read and formatting the file correctly for offset printing presses or print on demand (POD). I follow the rules in The Chicago Manual of Style to ensure a quality, professional product. Interior page design and typesetting is my specialty.
- Cover design: making your book cover shine above the competition so it’s the one purchased. Take advantage of my marketing background here.
- E-book design: creating Kindle and ePub files so your book can be read on Kindles, iPads, Nooks, and other e-readers. This service is only available when I’ve designed the print book first.
- Book publishing numbers: helping you obtain the appropriate numbers for your book including ISBN, bar code, and Library of Congress Control Number. Please visit my Resources page and see the links under Book Publishing Numbers.
- Book printing: ensuring the files of your book comply with printer’s specifications and meet prepress standards. Matching your specific book with a compatible, quality book printer and coordinating the process through delivery to you. Or recommending sources if your print run is under 1,000 books. If you are planning to use Amazon CreateSpace, Lightning Source, or IngramSpark, I know their file specifications.
- POD account set up: offering my book design clients account set up on Amazon CreateSpace or IngramSpark.
- Marketing material for authors: designing business cards, bookmarks, and postcards to promote your book.
- Tips: enter your email address in the box on the right (or below, if you’re viewing this on a mobile device) to receive my free monthly e-newsletter of publishing industry news and book tips.
Please take a look around my site and contact me regarding your project. I look forward to hearing from you!
Click here to view books I’ve designed: interior pages, covers, e-books, or all. Great books, great clients!
Amazon CreateSpace Rumor
I gave a presentation about book design at an Oregon Press Women’s Workshop in June. There were comments at this workshop about Amazon CreateSpace going away. CreateSpace is Amazon’s print-on-demand (POD) arm, which has been a helpful service for indie publishers. CreateSpace has discontinued offering book editing and book design services, but the POD service is still very much around. I’m here to design and format your books for uploading to CreateSpace, so no worries. Please contact me if you’d like more information about my services.
Award-winning Book Designer
I designed the interior and co-created the cover design of Michael Hagedorn’s Post-Dated: The Schooling of an Irreverent Bonsai Monk. The book won first place in the 2009 Publishers Association of the West Book Design Awards recognizing superior design and outstanding production quality. For more book design awards, please see the About page.